June 15, 2006

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well, I did it! I would have to look at some photo albums, but the last time I remember my hair being this short was somewhere around the 5th grade. Cristina (stylist) was given permission to do whatever she thought would look good. She cut it just below my ear lobes and gave the bottom a little "flip out". She left my bangs long and moved my part way over to the right side, which leaves a big chunk of my hair sort of hanging over my left eye. I am still trying to get used to that and for the time being I have my sunglasses on top of my head so I can see! :)

After I left the salon I headed over to Jeremy's office so he could see what I had done. I was standing in the hallway when he came around the corner and sort of nodded a "hello" my way, like I was a customer or something. About 2 steps away from me he realized who I was, turned around, grinned, and shook his head. Then he said, "That's not the look we circled in the magazines" (see yesterday's post for what he circled...but think Jessica Simpson).


I keep lingering in front of mirrors and shaking my head back and forth because it looks and feels so strange having nothing but "air" between my shoulders and head (does that make sense?). But I do like it and the real test will be tomorrow when I attempt to fix it myself.

I bombarded Cristina with questions every step of the way and ended up buying the products she used, all the way down to the round brush. I watched her techinque closely, so hopefully I can style it the same way tomorrow.

And speaking of tomorrow, it's our 6th wedding anniversary. So in addition to the new hair do, I had some waxing done, updated my makeup, bought a new (cute!) top, and had a manicure and pedicure. Now if I could just get the children to stop calling me "Mommy", it would be just like stepping back in time to June 16, 2000.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just be glad the kids are calling you "Mommy"...that means that at least they recognize you! I can't wait to see it. One of these days (before you know it) Jeremy will be moving his part way over to the side...in a combover. Then you can tell him you never picked THAT out in a magazine! :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger eBeth said...

pictures! we must have pictures!
tell jeremy to get over magazine hair.. :)

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home