June 06, 2006

Musings from the Beach

Until I have more time to write about our trip to the beach, here are some random thoughts from the last 5 days:

1. The words "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly..." have new meaning to me after 16 hours in the car with my 3 year old daughter and her DVD player.

2. Memo to Self: It is NOT a good idea to wear a thong under white beach cover-up pants because if they accidentally get wet on the bottom, it looks like you have NOTHING on underneath!!!

3. I love aerosol spray sun screen!!!!!!!

4. Conversation I overheard between Savannah and an old lady who sat down next to her on the steps in the pool (after brief introductions)...
S: There are lots of bugs here.
OL: Yeah, but they don't bite.
S: (in thought)
OL: They just make love.
Me: (mouth wide open!)
OL: You know, little love bugs.

Me: (Alllll-righty then...)

4. Early one morning I took Emery out for a walk and we stopped to admire the ocean. Just as I was struck by it's magnificence, "Open Skies" by DCB came on my ipod. It was an awesome moment and it left me wondering, is there anywhere else on earth where I could feel so close to my Creator?

5. Why is it that this State can pave a 4 lane road in the middle of absolutely nowhere south Georgia, so remote that I don't even have a cell phone signal and the only other life forms are pine trees and cows, but the main highway between Lawrenceville and Loganville that sits like a parking lot M-F in the morning and afternoon must remain a 2 lane road? I just don't get it!

6. Even though my husband has been working REALLY long hours and we've only seen him a few HOURS a WEEK for about a month, I still missed those few hours while we were gone. Glad to be home! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home