June 13, 2006

Daily Quiet Time

This morning I slept in and missed my usual quiet time. Savannah had crawled into bed with me a little after 6:00, snuggled up close, and went back to sleep. How could I leave the coziness of her soft skin and silky hair that still smelled like Johnson's Baby Shampoo? Mmmm...sweet! We didn't get up until about 7:15.

When Emery went down for his morning nap, I told Savannah I was going to have my quiet time. She is already familiar with what that means since she is an early riser and has learned that if Mommy's in the office reading her Bible, she's not coming out until "it's on the seven".


Getting my QT in later today is better than not doing it at all, but I just really prefer having it before anyone else in the house is up. I don't know how to explain it, but my day just goes better when I am able to spend time with the Father before being bombarded with questions like, "Can I bring my zoo animals to breakfast with me because they are hungry and I made them a cake but first cereal, then cake, then we can watch TV, but first I have to go potty..."

One of my favorite blogs addressed this very issue yesterday, and I think they sum it up better than I ever could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home