May 26, 2006

Floors and More

I just got done cleaning my floors. It is the job I put off the longest because I really, REALLY hate doing it. First picking up toys then moving furniture and rugs. Removing pieces of food too large for the vaccum to pick up, and the things literally STUCK down that need steaming hot water to detach from the floor surface and make me wonder "how long has that actually been there?" Then and only then can I begin to vaccum, followed by mopping.

The task in itself is quite time consuming, but if you factor in breaking up 2 childhood arguments (complete with 1 timeout), changing a terribly messy diaper, and picking up more toys as I go along because I just can't get my 11 month old to sit and watch TV until I'm done (is that really asking too much!), we are looking at a job that can last all morning.

As I was cleaning up under the kitchen table and high chair my mind started grumbling. "Look at all this food under here! There is enough to feed another child! It's such a pain now that Emery is feeding himself and flinging food all over the place in the process! What a sticky mess! And Savannah's 'helping' is not much help at all! She spills crumbs everytime she brings me her placemat and here they are! And what is this??? Jello??? Why is it hard???" grrrrr...

Then God spoke to me...Jodi, your babies won't be babies very long. Soon enough you will not be cleaning their messes off the floor. Soon enough they won't even be living under your roof. Then will you be happy?

Ahhh, convicted! Lord, thank you for my beautiful, wonderful children. Their smiles bring me so much joy. I am thankful for every day You give to me to spend with them. I apologize for my bad attitude. Help me to remember each day is a gift, and a few hours spent cleaning the floors is nothing in comparison to the many hours I will have with them this afternoon. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home