November 04, 2006

Cotton Gin Festival


Today Savannah and I traveled to Bostwick, Georgia for their annual Cotton Gin Festival. Papa Jim enters many of his tractors in the parade each year and they are driven by family and friends. A few of the tractors have trailers that the youngin's can ride on. When Savannah found out we were going she couldn't wait to put on her cowboy boots and hat.

All day she referred to herself as "Jessie" (as in Jessie, the cowgirl from Toy Story 2) and would correct anyone who dared call her Savannah. After we ate lunch, we sat for a minute listening to a live band. Here she is doing the "Watermelon Crawl":

And of course this entry would not be complete without a picture of one of Jim's tractors. This one is being driven by my niece, Rachael. Her Uncle Jonathan is riding on the back.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boots are totally awesome. When I was a kid (in NY) I wanted to be a cowgirl. After all, I did own a pair of Billy the Kid jeans, you know.
I wish we had parades like that here (MA). It looks like a lot of fun. I'm sure my son would love it.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home