October 30, 2006

Facing the Giants

I rarely see movies anymore. For one thing, there is not a lot of them out there that interest me enough to pay $8.00 for an hour and a half of entertainment. And as far as watching movies in the comfort of my own home, just ask my sister who has loaned me a ton of her favorite movies, with rave reviews ("you will really like this one", "this one is so funny", etc.), only to call me months later asking for their return and me whining, "but I haven't watched them yet".

I used to like to watch rented movies on the weekends before my children were born. But now there really is no such thing as "weekends". I am a stay at home mom. Every day is the same. I wake up at the same time, we have the same routine, I am in bed by 10:00. If I'm not tired, that is when I read. Sunday through Saturday, same ole thing. The only thing that changes is what we do during the day, but I can guarantee this one thing...at no point during the day do I have 2 hours to sit down and watch a movie with no interruptions!

Then a few months ago I heard about a new movie coming out called "Facing the Giants". It was written and produced in south Georgia by a couple of brothers who minister at Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany. It is actually their 2nd movie.

Since I am a huge fan of football and because I wanted to support the film, I decided to make an effort to get out to see it. I am really glad I did. The coach is in the midst of overwhelming circumstances at work as well as at home. As he begins to "let go and let God", the blessings start pouring in. It's a real tear jerker all the way through, but with enough game time to keep it from being labeled a "chick flick".

I give it both thumbs up! And when it comes out on DVD, I will add it to my little collection of "movies to watch when the kids are gone or I am too sick to get out of my bed".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home