October 07, 2006

Just a Lazy Saturday




What a perfect day it is outside. Couldn't resist taking some pictures of the kids while they played this morning. Check out the lake behind the trees in the picture with both kids sharing (and I use that word loosely) the ball. When it's cool and there's not a cloud in the sky, the water is so blue. I could stare at it all day. It's beautiful.

I came back in the house and opened up some windows despite the fact that 3 out of 4 of us are walking around sniffling or coughing or scrunching up our faces when we (read I) swallow because of the intense pain. I will not accept that it has anything to do with opening the windows and letting in the fresh (ragweed infested) air.

After I fixed the kids some lunch (does opening a cup of yogurt count as "fixing"?), I started a big pot of chili. As soon as the youngsters get up from their nap we are going to the store for fritos and cheddar cheese, because nothing, and I mean nothing, tastes better on my chili than fritos and grated cheddar cheese. (Except maybe sour cream which is what some people I know prefer to eat on my chili.)

Then tonight at 7:45 is the big Georgia/Tennessee game. The plan is to get the kids in bed early so Jeremy and I can watch, or should I say shout at the TV, together. I am still trying to figure out where my loyalty will lie at this point. I am officially in the heart of Bulldog country and enjoy cheering for the home team, but it will be hard to see 'ole Rocky Top and not applaud (make that jump and down and say "yeah Baby") when they run these Dawgs into the ground!!!! (Insert fight song here).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I don't know if I'd fall into the category of people who prefer sour cream (much classier than Fritos, by the way) but coming from the home of "The more ketchup and A1 the better!" I don't think I'm too offended. :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home