September 28, 2006

My 6 Weeks is Up

The past 6 weeks sure have flown right by! That is a good thing for me, I suppose. Probably not such a great feeling for the new mom who is having to come back to work so soon.

Today should have been my last day. This afternoon I was in the middle of wrapping up all my looses ends when I got a call from the Payroll company. They were just calling because they thought it was strange that I only submitted payroll for one company. Uh, yeah, "you didn't think it was strange yesterday? When you received it? When if you would have called me at that time I could have resent it and everybody would have been paid on time?" No. They waited until 2 hours before I was expecting to get it to tell me they never received it. Okay...thank you for your call (kissy, kissy), what do I have to do to get my people paid on time???

Turns out the soonest I can get it is tomorrow at 10:30. So my peaceful, planned afternoon was turned into a frantic couple of hours while I tried to determine who could wait for their normal direct deposit and who needed me to cut them a live check tomorrow. Then I had to try to find a babysitter one. more. time.

I guess that was just a reminder that no matter where I am, at work or at home, there are still going to be days where I feel like I am spinning my wheels and going nowhere. Even so, I will miss going into the office a couple days a week.

On the upside though, I can get back into a routine where I have time for my leisure activities: Reading, cropping, or getting on the computer. Another plus will be loosing the weight I've gained while on the job. What with the morning lattes, fast food dinners, office snacks, and sitting at a desk instead of chasing around my son, the pounds start packing on. I can already tell!

One night this week, as we all sat at IHOP for the 2nd day IN A ROW, Jeremy said, "You know, I am really looking forward to you being back home." I agreed, but I wanted to probe him further because he has always said it is up to me whether or not I go to work. It doesn't matter to him either way. I wondered if that had changed, so I asked him, "how would you feel now, since we've had this 6 week experience, about me wanting to go back to work?" He said it was still up to me, but that he can see now how important it is to our family for me to stay home, so he hopes I would at least wait until the kids were older.

I don't know why it was so important for me to hear him say that. I appreciate that he's always let it be my choice, but I think I've always wanted to know that he really feels like I should be there. That just makes it seem to me that we are both on the same page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home