September 26, 2006

She will only Pray for You if you are Not Nice

Okay. I found out today that it is not a good thing to be on Savannah's prayer list. Each morning on the way to school I have a rule. No movies. The 3 year old is familiar with the rule, but the 1 year old asks every morning, "ooh-mee?"

Instead, we save that time for talking about the plans for the day and then end with Savannah's prayer list. I ask her what she wants to pray about for each member of the family. This is the time that she calls each one of us out, even herself. Her prayer for me most often is "that Mommy doesn't yell", for her Dad it's "that he will be a good listener", and for Emery, "pray that brother will not hit me". This morning she also wanted to add a little boy who was mean to her last week.

I've never thought anything unusual about her requests. It's usually stuff that we've already discussed: bad manners, our tempers, good choices, how to treat people, etc. I always give God a lot a praise during these morning prayer times and try to show the kids how even though we are not perfect, He is full of mercy and grace, and we can learn to be like Jesus with His help.

But today, as she folded her hands and closed her eyes, I suggested we pray for her teacher. "What can we pray for Ms. Hilda today?", I asked. "No. We don't need to pray for her. She's already nice."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was glad to see my name was NOT on the daily prayer list. :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Miss Notesy said...

That is hilarious!!!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home