August 29, 2006

Welcome to the Real World, Son

Today after I picked Savannah up from school her little world began falling apart quickly. We got in the car and her seatbelt was too tight. She squirmed and cried and whined while I tried to calm her down and give her instructions on how to remedy the situation as I was driving down the road. Naturally, it was nearly impossible for her to hear the instructions, much less follow them, with all the crying that was going on.

Then she dropped her Meo. More crying and whining. "I HAVE to hold him. I just have to. I missed him while I was at school. Please stop driving Mommy. P-l-e-a-s-e!!!"

When she realized I was not going to pull over to pick Meo up off the floor of the car when we were within a few miles of our house, she began kicking her feet and tossing her head from side to side. To which I calmly responded, "and because you are pitching a fit, you will not be allowed to hold your Meo until you can find your self control".

At that point, her brother, who had been watching the whole scene intently, started to fuss a little bit himself. Savannah looked over at him and very matter of factly explained, "Emery, I am having a bad day and you are going to have a bad day too!!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home