August 16, 2006

I'm Back...

In case you are wondering if it took me this long to put my recipes together, the answer is "No". All that went relatively smooth and I was finished by Friday. I had the best time putting all the information together. I went through all my favorite cookbooks and made a spreadsheet of recipe ideas. Then, so I wouldn't have to scramble around in 5 or 6 different cookbooks on my "day of cooking", I wrote each recipe out in advance and printed them into a little notebook. The whole process made my highly organizational heart go pitter patter!

So why no blogging? Well, if you knew me at this time last year, all I would have to say is "it's that time of year again" and you might remember what happened in July-Sept of last year. In a nutshell? Lightning.

We got hit again on Thursday. It blew out the phones, my computer network card, and the modem. Everything else on the computer seems to be fine. I was in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher when it happened. The kids were playing on the other side of the room. Suddenly there was a HUGE noise. Not a sizzle or a pop. It was a P-O-W!!!! I had my head buried in a cabinet at the time, but I screamed and looked over at the kids immediately. They were both frozen still and wide eyed. I asked Savannah if she saw anything. She said "Yes. A blue monster." That was all I needed to hear. I picked Emery up and he latched onto me like a leach. We all headed downstairs.

I really need to do some research to find out what causes frequent lightning strikes in certain areas. This is the first time I've lived near any kind of water and I just wonder if that is a factor. And I wonder why the lightning is so bad during these few months. It is like nothing I have ever experienced before and during the storms, I am truly scared for my safety and that of my kids.

That being said, the inability to use my computer did give me some unexpected free time and so I cleaned out the cabinets in my kitchen. All in all last week was a good, productive week. My dinner menu is planned until mid September, I had quality time with the children, and I enjoyed reading from a few good books. Oh, and the best part, Jeremy came home a few days early. I will write a little about his trip tomorrow. Right now, I need to catch up on email. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

better the blue monster than the green monster of envy! i missed you while you were away. glad you are back in touch with the electronic world. we live on top of granite and i had never heard granite attracts lightening until we we all moved in. are you on top of a vein? be safe and well feed. miz b

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You're not alone in your fear of storms (Exodus 20:18) BUT, O ye of little faith! (Psalm 4:8)... You worry too much! :)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home