May 19, 2006

Fun in the Sun

The weather has turned warm here, I think low 80's today. After lunch we put on swimming suits and headed outside to soak up some sun. I lathered the kids with sunscreen and myself with baby oil (I know, I know, but old habits die hard)!

I turned on the sprinkler and both of them had a good time playing in the water. S kept letting the big purple bucket get full, then they would splash each other and put "fish" (leaves) in the water to swim. Right now both kids are the perfect age to take outside and play without me wondering where they are. S is too scared of bugs to wander very far away and E is not yet walking, so he is still within reach. I'm sure by the end of summer this phase will be over, so I will need to get my suntanning days in now!


At one point I was debating moving the sprinkler and I looked down at little E and he was covered in goosebumps! He was sitting right in a big puddle, with water splashing on his belly and had the biggest grin on his face. It reminded me of times when my sister and I were young and playing in some kind of water, whether it be sprinkler or pool or whatever, and we would be so cold our teeth would be chattering together, but we still didn't want to get out either! Sun, water, and kids...ya just can't get enough!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger eBeth said...

baby oil? i shudder to think! :) At least it's warm there, we're in coats and scarves here today.. brr!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home