May 18, 2006

School's Out for Summer

This morning I woke up completely refreshed at 5:45 (must have had something to do with that extra large dose of Nyquil I took before bed last night). I quickly got up and had my quiet time. After fighting a nasty cold for the past week, it felt good to wake up before the rest of the house and have some time to get my thoughts in order before the day began. We've had a lot going on the past week or so, and today there was nothing on the calendar. Yea!

The kids were playing in the living room while I cleaned up the breakfast mess, and as I walked by S she asked, "What are we doing today Mommy?" I gave her an excited look and said, "Nothing today, Baby. We have the whole day to ourselves! We can stay in our jammies and play games. Mommy has some laundry and cleaning to do. Won't that be fun?"

She paused. Then asked, "What about Pre-school?" Oh my gosh! What day is it? Let's see...church last night means that was Wednesday, so this is Thursday...Oh No...it's the 18th... today is the last day of school!!! What time is it??? Can we still make it???

We did have enough time for S and me to get dressed. I don't think little E minded keeping his pajamas on for the ride. I shudder to think what time today I would have actually realized it was Thursday and S was supposed to be at school. I am blaming the complete and total brain fart on the combination of histamine blockers, cough suppresants, decongestants, expectorants, Tylenol, and of course, my drug of choice, Nyquil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, right. It was the cold medication. That's what Representative Patrick Kennedy said a couple of weeks ago when he crashed his car.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home