October 11, 2006

Three Bean Salad


Nope, not another recipe. It's the name of the quilt design I've decided to make someone for Christmas. I worked on it a couple of Saturday's ago and am at my Mom's today, hoping to finish the top. She keeps the kids entertained while I sew which is truly the ONLY way I would ever be able to do this right now. Currently we are on a lunch break so I thought I would hop on the computer for a minute.

I would love to post a picture of the top when it's finished (still keeping my fingers crossed for today), but for now I will show a picture of the pattern. Mine will not be so floral, because it's for a guy. Lots of light blues, teals, and deep browns. Should be very rich looking.

Piecing together a quilt top can be a lot of fun. Cutting material into all kinds of shapes and sizes, then matching them up to make blocks, and then finally sewing the blocks together to make the top piece. It never comes out how I picture it in my head. It usually turns out surprisingly better.

***Note: I did not get it finished today. One more work day ought to do the trick.***

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Notesy said...

That is beautiful. I made one quilt. I couldn't get all the squares lined up. I gave it to my sister-in-law for her new baby girl rather than keep it for my new baby girl and the first thing she said to me was, "Why didn't you take the time to line it up properly?" I was so upset. I haven't quilted since.

4:20 PM  
Blogger jodi said...

Oh, don't give up. It really can be fun! You do have to be precise though to get the squares right. That part makes me nervous because it involves doing MATH! Yuck. My mom helps me with that! I wish I would have known she was good at math during my junior year Geometry class! Ha! Like I would have listened to her when I was 16!

9:29 AM  
Blogger eBeth said...

I didn't know you could quilt! I'm very envious - quilts are one of my favouritest things in the whole world. They're not popular here, but I have loads in our house. We use the one your mom made for MC all the time..

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home