July 07, 2006

Restoring Relationships

It is easy to tell from yesterday's memory verse that we are studying "Righting Wrong Relationships" in my Masterlife book this week. On the first page I read that my goal for the week is to evaluate my relationships with others and seek reconcilliation where needed. I immediately thought this would be an easy week for me. I don't have any hard feelings toward anybody right now, and certainly no one else has anything against me. After all, I am practically perfect in every way...oh, wait, that's Mary Poppins.

But as with other bible studies I've done in the past, all it takes is for me to think "this doesn't apply to me", to have a whole lot of stuff thrown in my face that was lurking just below the surface and that I was totally unaware of. It turns out I do have a relationship that is in jeopardy and it is my responsibility as a Christian to do all I can to restore it.

Anyone who knows me can tell you I hate to admit my faults and then, oooh, it hurts so bad...do I dare say it? Apologize! Because I would never treat someone unfairly. If I was mean and gave someone a piece of my mind, well, then they DESERVED it. They PROVOKED me. I wasn't wrong. They were and I was just letting them know it!!!

I have been struggling with what to do about the whole situation. I'd like to just let bygones be bygones and not drudge up the past, but I don't think God is going to let me forget about it. I was listening to the words of a song today that were "let my life song sing to You" and it immediately hit me that until I have all my relationships in order according to His word, my life song for Him is way out of tune.

I am accepting any and all prayers I can get on this situation. Not only do I need to be able to love this person again, but I need to learn to forgive and let go of the hurt that I was doing so well ignoring last week and is now up in my face every waking moment of the day! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home