June 30, 2006

Just to Update...

The kids and I went outside after dinner the other night to have some sweet, yummy watermelon. I find it so much easier to let them eat things like fruit and popsicles in the yard where there is a hose handy for clean up purposes. (Reminder to self: be sure to hose them off BEFORE they climb into the sandbox!)

Our neighbors were grilling out next door and after a few casual "how ya doin's", I asked Mrs. Neighbor if she had seen any, ummmmm, eggs in her mailbox. She, of course, thought she misunderstood what I was asking. So I asked her again, and she was like, "well, no, I don't think so". I know she probably thought I just needed to get out more, so I explained what I found in our mailbox a couple weeks ago (see post titled "What the...?").

Apparently Mrs. Neighbor went in and told her husband what I had asked her because next thing I know, Mr. Neighbor was walking down towards the lake where we were, according to Savannah, "feeding the ants our leftover watermelon". He explained that while they did not have any eggs in their box, he did find a carton of eggs at the bottom of their driveway one morning with about 6 or 7 broken eggs inside. He assumed an animal had gotten into someones trash can and left it there. But after hearing my story, we both figured it had to be a few bored teenagers with nothing better to do on a hot summer night.

Now I have never been the property destroying, prank pulling kind, but I would think that the best part of doing things like tee-peeing a yard or egging a house is getting to see the reaction on the victims faces when they discover what has happened. So I just don't get the humor in putting an egg in the mailbox. And if the poor pranksters were actually thinking they could catch a glimpse of their unsuspecting neighbor's face when she pulled out a wad of mail soaked in egg yolk, imagine their surprise when they waited and waited and waited and waited for me to go down to the box to pick it up! Ha! The jokes on You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home