June 28, 2006

Blueberry Pound Cake

Sunday night Savannah had a sleep over at Nanny and Grampa's. On Monday morning, Aunt Jessica came over and they all loaded up to go picking blueberries. Which was really great timing, because we just finished eating all the fresh strawberries we picked a month or so ago.

This morning when Emery went down for his morning nap, I asked Savannah if she wanted to help me try a new recipe. Since she loves to help in the kitchen, she immediately ran into the pantry and got the stool. What was unfortunate for her, but SUPER for me, was that this recipe for Blueberry Pound Cake has only 5 ingredients and took less than 10 minutes to prepare. I just have to share it: Take 1 butter flavored cake mix, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup oil, and 3 eggs, and beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups blueberries. Spoon into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan (I used a bundt since that's all I had) and bake for 1 hour in 325 degree oven.

It's very good. And moist. And sweet. And buttery. And you know what? It was still warm a few minutes ago...I better run and get another piece!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home