June 27, 2006

Scientific Phenomenon

I should probably call somebody!!! The 8th wonder of the world is happening right here in my own home. How cool is that?

I
can vaguely recall my high school science class when we learned about things such as weight, density, and their effect on the force of gravity. I'm digging pretty deep here, but it seems to me that how dense an object is, or how much mass it has per volume, would directly effect it's weight. And that, in turn, determines the objects force of gravity which is pulling it towards the Earth. Am I right?

In my home we are defying such laws of gravity! Incredibly certain things around here can gain a substantial amount of weight in a very quick amount of time for no apparent reason whatsoever. In my experience this has only happened with childrens toys. Specifically, toys that Mom has just asked to put away.

These are the same toys that Savannah has just taken out of her bedroom closet and brought downstairs. She played with them for several hours, hauling them all over the house. Suddenly, when asked to take them back to her room, barely comprehendible through all the sobbing, I hear, "I caaaaaaan't Mommy. They are too heaaaaaaaavy!"

It's extraordinary, I know!!! Who should I contact first? CNN? National Geographic? Science Digest? Oh, the list is endless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that same thing has happened around here with my dust cloth...amazing how heavy it has become before i spray and dust.! and we won't even talk about how hard the vac has become to push! miz b

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me see if I've got this right. I'm getting denser and that's why I'm weighing more? Now I'm depressed. I think I'll go eat something. :(

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home