June 29, 2006

Doe a Deer, A Female Deer

We have had a little visitor stopping by the last few afternoons at precisely 3:30. The first time I saw her in our backyard I thought it was so strange to see a deer out feeding at that time of day. I tried to get a picture of her then, but she heard me open the door. We both just stared at each other for a second or two, then she started to trot off, in no particular hurry, stopping to graze on the neighbors tree leaves. I looked around to see if any other deer were with her, but it seemed that she was alone.


I thought I had missed a pretty cool photo opportunity until the next day, there she was again. This time I went out the front door and began making my way down the driveway into the backyard. I guess she heard my feet on the pavement because she sort of looked up, then cautiously tossed her tail around, all the while making her way into the next yard.


As she was heading down my neighbors driveway, she stopped and smelled their bushes. She started eating and I figured that they must be really delicious leaves, because I couldn't believe how close she was letting me get to take her picture.

I just love seeing that kind of stuff in my own yard. It's been a nice break in the middle of my day, getting all excited about nature stuff. I hope she comes back again today. And if she does, I promise not to interrupt her snack by snapping pictures!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to seriously consider a career in photography. After your mommy career slows down a little. Beautiful pictures!

7:55 AM  
Blogger jodi said...

It's easy when you have beautiful subjects like I do! :)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home