July 12, 2006

Coming out of the Closet

I cleaned out the kids closets on Saturday. What a job that turned out to be! I ended up with 2 giants stacks: one for Goodwill and one for a Garage Sale. Since they are so young, they are only wearing their clothes for one season. By the time that season comes back around, they are in a bigger size. It just seems like such a waste, seeing all those clothes piled up on the bed that they won't wear again. It makes me wonder: are they blessed or spoiled? There is a fine line there I believe.

Since I was making a donation to Goodwill anyways, I decided to go through my own closet as well. There are a lot of clothes in there too, so why do I always feel like I have nothing to wear? It doesn't make sense, I know. I think it is a woman thing. And then there's that thing that happens, you know, they call it bloating, where all the things that fit last week are now uncomfortable and putting on anything exept a muumuu will make me cranky and bite the heads off unsuspecting family members. Well, gone with the muumuu's. And the sweats. And the maternity clothes (won't be needing those anymore!).

And now, after a spending an entire weekend cleaning, sorting, folding, piling, boxing up, and loading, I have very good news...I need to go shopping!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home