May 08, 2006

Lesson Learned

S has asked me the same question every morning for so long that I can't tell you when it started. "What are we going to do today?" By asking that simple question one would get the impression that we are constantly on the go. Not so. Today I gave her my usual Monday response of: "Laundry". I am such a creature of habit that I actually surprised myself when, after putting E down for his morning nap, I popped in Mulan and sat down with S to watch the movie. Normally I would consider that too much TV for 9:00 in the morning, but what the heck, I can be a "fun mom", right? And hey, I was able to fold clothes and watch at the same time! :)

After the movie and a phone call from Aunt Jess, I decided we could take the kids to Borders for some new books. What's the big deal, right? Well, in order to go and still get back in time for dinner meant that neither of my children would get their usual 2 hour afternoon nap. Okay, now I'm living on the edge!!!!

They both had a little catnap and we all had a good time at the bookstore. I bought S a new little critter book, "Just a Thunderstorm" by Mercer Mayer (I love those books!) and one about a little boy who doesn't want to go to bed (too familiar here lately!).

Then we called Daddy to see about dinner but he was going to be working late. So we headed over to Nanny and Grampa's house to eat and play and find out how their vacation was last week. Both of the kids were wound up TIGHT and had a great time! And both kids fell asleep before I got back to the house.

Leason Learned Today: My children and I will survive if I decide to step outside the schedule I have carved in stone in my mind!

1 Comments:

Blogger eBeth said...

Well done!
We keep MC on the go so much that she begs to stay home.. so we have to make ourselves stop every now and again. Sounds like both of us have routines - whether it be on the go or not! :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home