May 01, 2006

'Tis the Season


For Weddings and Proms, that is. We had a busy weekend. We attended a wedding Saturday morning at 11:00. It was a small, cozy ceremony in a little chapel in Snellville. My babysitter canceled at the last minute and I was nervous about bringing the kids, but they did great! J did have to take E outside towards the end, but S was just in awe over "all the princesses" and she stayed pretty quiet. Many congratulations going out to Tiffany and Jon!!!!

Saturday afternoon I took S to a book fair at our local library. She picked out a book titled "Daisy the Doctor". After reading it a few times over the weekend she has taken a new interest in her doctor toys. Everytime I turn around she is giving someone (or something) a checkup.

After the book fair she and I headed over to the Vines Botanical Gardens where my friend Velvet's son would be going to have his picture taken with his girlfriend for prom. I just love the grounds at the Vines and I am always looking for an excuse to use my new camera, so I told her I would meet them there and snap a few photos.

As I was watching the prom-go-ers I couldn't help but think back. Things had certainly changed since attending my small town prom...16 YEARS AGO!!! Oh man, has it really been that long? Our prom was on a Friday. After school! If you were lucky, your parents wrote you a note to get out of school early so you could get your hair done up. We didn't get taken out to a fancy restaurant in a limosuine before dancing the night away in some luxury hotel. Our school rented a dance hall and they served us a buffet dinner. Ahhh, the good ole days! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home