September 12, 2006

Nine Eleven

All day yesterday I thought about the 5 year anniversary of Sept. 11th. I thought maybe I should blog something about it for my kids to read in the future. But what could I say that hadn't already been said? It was shocking. Unbelievable. Almost incomprehendible. I turned on the news just in time to see the 2nd plane hit on live television. It was surreal. I watched, glued to the TV for what felt like hours, with my mouth left open. Unable to speak. And when the towers collapsed, I had a feeling I can describe only as a heavy burden on my chest. I sank into the sofa and cried.

I'll never forget that day and even writing about it 5 years later brings the emotions right to the surface. I can't imagine how real it still is to the thousands of people who lost their loved ones that day. Today I found a website called 2996 that was created to honor the people who died on September 11, 2001. I thought it was nice that they decided to honor them in their lives instead of in the way they were murdered. It's worth a look if you have a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home