September 22, 2006

Miss Patty Cake

Tonight Savannah and I were invited to see Miss Patty Cake with our friends Michele and Jenna. We made it a girls night on the town by having dinner at Provino's before the show. The food was wonderful (vegtable lasagna...yummy!), as was the conversation. It's nice that our daughters are getting to the age of talking among themselves and it leaves time for Michele and I to talk as well. A few times I listened in on what the girls were discussing, and it mainly had to do with baby dolls, kitties, and who wanted which color crayon. :)

Miss Patty Cake's show started at 7:00. It was an hour of giggling, singing girly girls, learning about the love of God. It was a great time. However, Michele and I agreed that if the ticket stub did not specify that the parents had to stay with their children, we would have liked to grab a pew in the back of the church for a little nap after a long day and a carbo-loaded meal right before.

After the show, Jenna and Michele got in line for the meet and greet, and a hug from Miss Patty Cake. I asked Savannah if she wanted to wait too, and she replied, "I do want to wait in line, Mommy, but I do not want a hug." So I said, "Well, how about we just go get some ice cream and forget about the line?" "Okay, Mom". (whew).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home