July 27, 2006

Toilet Training...It's Not What You Think

Toilet training in my house is not the every day, run of the mill, teaching a child how and when to use the potty and what the toilet paper is for. In my case, it's more about showing my youngest one what NOT to do (and he's not even old enough to USE the toilet yet)!

..."No no, Emery, do NOT just stand there hitting the toilet paper roll so it spins really fast and makes you laugh, all the while making a mountain of clean tissue all around your feet!!!" (Side note: no matter how hard you try, you cannot get all the toilet paper back on the roll evenly so nobody else notices that it has already been taken off.)

..."No Emery, do NOT try to close the lid to the toilet while your sister is sitting on it. Hitting her in the back of the head and making her cry is NOT funny. Stop smiling!!!"

..."No no, Emery, that's yucky!!! Do NOT put your hand in the toilet water and then put it directly into your mouth. Gross!!! Do NOT put it in my mouth either!!!!"

And then there was today..."No, Emery, do NOT throw your diaper in the toilet to watch it float! Oh wait...No, No, No...leave it there...don't take it out and shake it!!! Ugh...I need to change my clothes."

He looks so proud, I couldn't help but take a picture. These toilet training issues would be much easier if I could either a) get Savannah to flush when she's done her business or b) close the lid when she's done her business or even c) "Savannah, at least shut the door if you are not going to flush or close the lid!!!" AHHHHH!!!! My sanity...how I miss thee!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you put a bend in the toilet tube (known as a toot toot at casa bingham),as you put the new roll on the holder (with the end coming UNDER) the toilet tissue is much harder to get off the roll. it drives those of use without little people nuts...2 sheets, turn by hand, 2 sheets, turn by hand....

5:18 PM  
Blogger eBeth said...

i can second the vote for squishing the roll so that the tube isn't round - makes it much harder to get a good spin! and oh how I used to love a good spin!

12:40 PM  
Blogger jodi said...

I will definitely try that!!!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never know where you'll find an "expert" or two!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

My least favorite stage.

My kids have both cleaned the toilet with MY toothbrush!!!!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger jodi said...

Oh gross! At least you knew it before you used it! :)

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home