April 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Velvet!

To celebrate my good friend Velvet's birthday we asked our husbands to watch over the households for a few hours while we went to dinner and a movie. We saw "Failure to Launch". It was the perfect "girl's day out" kinda show. Not too serious, not too violent, not too animated! Just the right amount of funny...who knew Terry Bradshaw would do a nude scene?

We ate dinner at American Tavern out on the patio. As I sat there sipping my glass of Riesling and enjoying girl talk, I realized how important Velvet had become to me in the short 2 years we have known each other. She is a wonderful person who loves her family passionately and is an encouragement to me in my marriage as well as motherhood.

Thank you, Velvet! You are truly one of a kind and I'm so glad you are a part of my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home