April 19, 2006

Rainy Day Blues?

We have had a little disappointment in our house this morning. We had planned to go strawberry picking with Nanny & Grampa this morning, but woke up to cloudy skies and drizzle. S couldn't understand why we couldn't just wear our raincoats and pick berries anyways. We rescheduled the trip for next Friday.

I have to admit a rainy day is just what I needed. First of all, the azaleas I planted last week need it. And as the first sprinkles fell on the back deck my thoughts turned to getting caught up on laundry and cleaning the bathrooms. But when S stopped crying and asked "will you play with me, Mommy?", my priorities changed. We played 'Zoo', which is her absolute favorite. We set up everything from elephants to sheep and we even made Prince Charming run the snack bar while Lavendar Kitty ordered a canned salad (whatever that is).

Yes, a rainy day is just what we needed!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say at McDonald's, "I'm lovin' it!"
Nanny
P.S. I was disappointed, too.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home